Electrical Engineer for Drones | Full time | St. Gallen, Switzerland
What's the weather like tomorrow? 🌦️
How much energy will my solar power plant generate this week? Is this flight path safe and efficient? Will there be enough rain to water my crops? As the weather affects many industries' performance, businesses keep a close eye on what's happening in the skies.
At Meteomatics, we're a team of proud nerds who deliver the most accurate weather data to over 400 companies and research institutions worldwide, helping them accelerate the energy transition, reduce the business’ impact on the environment, and make products and services safer for society.
- Develop, design and enhance state-of-the-art PCBs (Printed Circuit Boards) for our drones, including schematics, layout, and commissioning
- Develop and implement advanced test equipment and procedures to ensure the highest quality and reliability of our drones
- Provide technical expertise and guidance throughout the entire product development lifecycle, from concept to production
- Debug complex electrical systems, identifying and resolving issues to ensure optimal performance
- Collaborate with hardware and software teams to integrate electrical systems seamlessly and optimize overall drone performance
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and advancements, continuously exploring new technologies to drive innovation within the drone field
- Mentor and support junior engineers, fostering their growth and development within the team
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or a related field
Extensive experience (5+ years) in the design, development, and testing of PCBs for drones or similar applications
- Proficiency in using ECAD software and tools for PCB design.
- Programming skills in languages such as C/C++ would be a fantastic asset
- Understanding of drone-related regulations and safety standards be a fantastic asset
- Proven track record of successful project management and delivering projects on time and within budget
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a meticulous attention to detail
- Strong communication, collaboration, and leadership skills
- International environment: we come from all over the globe and have very different backgrounds
- Hybrid work: we love meeting our colleagues at the office, but we also know how good it is to work from home when we feel more introspective. You can choose!
- Fun: our HR team is keen on organizing social activities. Join us for barbecues at the terrace, ski day on the Swiss mountains, summer off-site events, after-work games…
- 5 vacation weeks: we work better when we're well-rested!
Meteomatics is a world-leading weather and climate data provider, passionate about transforming and growing the application of weather information globally. We want people who share our mission to help organizations accelerate the energy transition and protect lives and property by accessing accurate weather forecasts.
As part of the team, you will help Meteomatics and our diverse customer base from multiple industries gain weather insights across a wide range of use cases across the globe.
We're looking forward to your application!
To learn more about Meteomatics, please visit our website: www.meteomatics.com
Locations Meteomatics AG