Repower is one of the leading energy companies in Switzerland. We're committed to a culture of initiative and trust where the creativity approx. 630 employees can unfold. Tomorrow's energy business will need fresh ideas. We offer you an inspiring working environment where you work with your team to develop future-oriented solutions for a sustainable energy future.
You will be responsible for implementing, developing and managing quantitative optimisation models for hydro power plants, forecasting models for meteo and hydro variables, forecasting model for prices, stochastic models for power plants and hedging strategy valuations. Furthermore, you will be involved in our short term asset optimisation activities, in support of the other team members.
If you are a quantitative enthusiast eager to apply your skills in the energy sector and work with a highly skilled team, this might be the right opportunity for you. We offer a stimulating work environment, professional development opportunities, and a competitive salary.
We are looking for a
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, physics, engineering, or a related field
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into effective quantitative models
- Ability to deliver structured work in a complex and dynamic environment, in team as well as individually
- Proven experience (university or up to 5 years work experience) in modeling
- Excellent scripting/programming skills for optimisation, forecasting, data analysis
- Excellent skills in database, MS Sql constitutes a preferential qualification
- Basic knowledge of Energy Markets (or Financial Markets) and trading applications constitutes a preferential qualification
- Fluent Italian or German language
- Fluent English language
- We foster trust as the basis of collaboration through fairness, mutual respect and clear communication
- We work enthusiastically and flexibly
- We act economically and with a long-term view
- We are ambitious and solution-oriented, and single-mindedly pursue our common vision
- We take your opinion and feedback seriously
- We regularly give honest and constructive feedback
Are we a good match? Join the team
Your contact for questions around your application